BESIVANCE® (besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension) 0.6% is a quinolone antimicrobial indicated
for the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis caused by susceptible isolates of the following bacteria:
Aerococcus viridans*, CDC coryneform group G, Corynebacterium pseudodiphtheriticum*,
Corynebacterium striatum*, Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis*, Moraxella lacunata*,
Pseudomonas aeruginosa*, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis*,
Staphylococcus lugdunensis*, Staphylococcus warneri*, Streptococcus mitis group, Streptococcus
oralis, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus salivarius*
*Efficacy for this organism was studied in fewer than 10 infections.
Important Safety Information
- BESIVANCE is not for injection into the eye.
- As with other anti-infectives, prolonged use of BESIVANCE may result in overgrowth of
non-susceptible organisms, including fungi. If super-infection occurs, discontinue use and institute
- Patients should not wear contact lenses if they have signs or symptoms of bacterial conjunctivitis
or during the course of therapy with BESIVANCE.
- The most common adverse event reported in approximately 2% of patients treated with BESIVANCE was
conjunctival redness. Other adverse events reported in patients receiving BESIVANCE occurring in
approximately 1-2% of patients included: blurred vision, eye pain, eye irritation, eye pruritus and
- Safety and effectiveness in infants below one year of age have not been established.
Click here for full Prescribing Information for BESIVANCE.